Since 2002, we have contributed towards planting more than 200 hectares of new woodland in nine locations in the UK and Europe.
Forestry Projects – planting trees for future generations
In partnership with CarbonNeutral® these include creating a new native woodland in the heart of Snowdonia in Wales, and an eco-park at an old missile base in Germany.
- Mynydd-Y-Garnedd in Snowdonia will grow from a combination of natural regeneration and new planting
- Birch, Sessile Oak, Rowan, Willow and Hawthorn have been planted from local seeds
- The Birch grows quickly and prepares the soil for the other species, helping them to catch-up
- Wet heaths and rock at the site have been left unplanted and the different environments in the woodland, from rocks to trees, create a great diverse environment for local wildlife to flourish
- This reforestation project will see a former missile base between Dresden and Leipzig, transformed into an eco-park
- Sessile Oak, Lime and Hornbeam trees are being planted which will mature into an area of natural beauty
- A 19 square kilometre lake is being created which will be the largest in Germany and will take six years to fill
- A bunker on the missile base is now a home for bats
- As part of the overall eco-park scheme, caring and maintaining the forest will also create local jobs
- The project will offset almost 30,000 tonnes of CO2 over 100 years