We are constantly looking for new ways to do our bit and working towards protecting the planet for future generations.
Preventing Spills and Leaks
We know it’s important to avoid fuel spills and leaks to the environment and that’s why we have brought in a number of measures to keep these to a minimum. These include training our staff on Spill Prevention Control measures, storing fuel correctly and installing detection systems so if there is a problem we are alerted to it straight away.
- We have developed Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans to prevent spills from storage and during fuel loading
- Our staff are trained on SPCC plans
- We have a spill hotline which is manned 24/7
- Spill kits are placed by fuelling islands
- Our storage tanks are made from material that won’t corrode, they have overfill protection and secondary containment to prevent leaks
- We also have a number of detection systems which spot signs of leaks quickly so we can deal with them as soon as they appear
- All of our systems are checked regularly to make sure they are in top working order